Samsung Note 9 SM-N960U (T-Mobile/USA)

ptatlow2

Have tried for several hours trying to unlock the phone with the SAMTOOL software.

Tech support is telling me that I need the Bit3 version of the modem, but the files supplied by SAMTOOL do not include the Bit3 version.

I was directed to samfirm.com, and they don't have the Bit3 version either.

Anyone have a direct link to the modem software that I need to unlock the phone?

Thank you.

oime

You can download such flash files from sammobile.com, there are 4 files BIT3 available.

ptatlow2

Downloaded the BIT3 file, flashed the modem and now am dead in the water with the error:

Secure Check Fail: Modem

SecurityError: This phone has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked. Call your mobile operator for additional support. Please note that repair / return for this issue may have additional cosst.

Thank you anyways for the suggestion....

ptatlow2

Fantastic!!

I am now in possession of a bit3 T-Mobile file, which has several components (BL, AP, CP, CSC, USERDATA)

When I try to use ODIN (ran as administrator; patched and normal version) the flash fails.

<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/007> boot.img
<ID:0/007> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/007>
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

n3rdy13

Fantastic!!

I am now in possession of a bit3 T-Mobile file, which has several components (BL, AP, CP, CSC, USERDATA)

When I try to use ODIN (ran as administrator; patched and normal version) the flash fails.

<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/007> boot.img
<ID:0/007> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/007>
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
Make sure you are matching up firmware correctly, it can be tricky if you are not used to it. If you were able to get it unlocked with the tool then you should be able to just flash the newest firmware and be done with it.

n3rdy13

If you have a ubreakifix where you live they are a Samsung certified repair center and they will flash firmware for free. Just don't tell them that you tried flashing it first.